Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Imitate Christ

Greetings brothers and sisters in the Lord, and also those who are reading this in search for the truth they have so long been missing in their life. This is going to be a basic introduction to the Kingdom of God, and what manner of people we ought to, and are required to be in order to enter into The Fathers Holy, Blessed, Righteous, Just, and Perfect Kingdom.

There are many out there that pervert the Truth which resides in Christ Jesus (and Him alone) and it's gotten to a point where it's very hard for most out there to discern which way is the proper way for us to walk, and which doctrines are the proper doctrines for us to believe, and which Christ is the only and true Christ for us to follow after. ~ For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ. II Corinthians 2:17 ~ I pray that The Father allows me to destroy some of these false teachings which are being promoted around the world and have been for many years. As the verse I quoted above demonstrates, these false teachings have been in the world since the very beginning of the Christian church; And if you are honest with yourself I think you must submit to the fact that this situation has not gotten better since those times but in fact have gotten much worse.

God has commanded us to be a holy and separate people, and that we are to follow after Christ as our example in all things and not to be like the world in anything. ~ Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. I Peter 1:16 - more references - I Peter 1:15 / Romans 12:1-2 / Genesis 17:1 / Psalms 101:6 / Matthew 5:48 / Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?...Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you... II Corinthians 6:14,17 / And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. Revelation 18:4 / Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. I John 2:15 / know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. James 4:4 / For from the top of the rocks I see him, and from the hills I behold him: lo, the people shall dwell alone, and shall not be reckoned among the nations. Numbers 23:9 ~ Now of course the world and it's king (satan) has done much in the way of perverting and misrepresenting the passages which I quoted above, and it would take many many pages to even begin to shed light on the depth and scope of the truth which is contained within the words of those verses, so in giving heed to space and time I shall pray that you just, for now, apply those verses in a plain and simple way and do not twist and turn them in all different directions so to make them fit with your manner of life, but do them the respect they deserve and apply them in all cases whatsoever they maybe applied. For as God word says... ~ I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad. Psalms 119:96 ~ So lets stick with the plain teaching of scripture which tells us to lead holy and righteous lives separate from sin and worldliness and looking to Christ as our example in all things. Lets us always acknowledge God in whatever we do so that we may be found as those seeking the truth and not found as such who turn away from it. Lets us be examples to unbelievers as the true children of God who seek their salavation and only and always wish to shed the love of Christ to all who will receive it. Let us shun all the evil works of darkness and have no fellowship with them in anyway, weather they be social, political, economic, or whatever form that evil may choose to manifest itself. We must always remember that Christ did not only die for our sins but he also lived a life as a man to give us an example of how we are supposed to live. ~ If ye love me, keep my commandments...He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him...If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him...He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. John 14:15,21,23-24 / He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. I John 2:4 / He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. I John 2:6 ~ Without any question whatsoever we can see from these passages alone (and I could quote many other such verses) that those who profess Christ as Lord must also keep those things which he and his apostles (then and now) instructed us to do. This is so serious an issue that Christ even went so far as to say that this is the test for weather someone truly loves him or not. This is not to be taken lightly and just pushed aside, but we must examine ourselves and test ourselves in the light of scripture to see weather we are absolutely and truly walking in the faith we so readily profess. ~ Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? II Corinthians 13:5 / Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. I John 4:1---Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink. For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Isaiah 29:9-13

It's only through this examination that we will constantly be reassuring ourselves that our faith is true and in accordance with the words which Christ spoke. The Scripture commands us to study Gods word ( II Timothy 2:15 ) and to be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you. ( I Peter 3:14 ) We are Gods living temple and we are to keep that temple under the laws of our dear and loving Father if we at all want to be found part of the Kingdom of His dear Son. I pray you all take the few words I have spoken here to heart and consider them in light of what the Scriptures teach. I will be updating this blog as much as I can and when The Spirit leads, so until next time may God give you peace and rest in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment